Reduce your burnout and staff complaints, even if you are having an emotionally draining day dealing with “bad” pets and “demanding” clients.
You’ve just finished your 9th hour of your 8 hour day, you still have a stack of callbacks or files to finish. There just doesn’t seem to be enough time in the day to get everything done, and your friends or family don't understand why you're always at work so late.
In your last appointment, you’ve given your technicians a cat to do some bloodwork and Xrays, but it seems that they just unable to handle the task. The cat is hissing, spitting and screaming as they try and get the blood sample. They come to you telling you that it’s a “bad cat” and that it needs to be sedated before they even attempt to touch that cat again. One of your techs tells you that her heart rate goes up and her hands shake dealing with pets like this. And while you have heard of fear free, low stress handling, and cat friendly practises, who has the time to make the cat “feel good”? Even if your tried now, it wouldn't even work.
You know that cats are making up more of your clientele. At all the conferences they say that increasing your bottom line involves working with cats differently. But cats don't always cooperate, do they?
You’ve been told that behaviour management of fear and stress in your practice is key, especially for cats. You've been told that work life balance is important. But let's be honest, we are exceedly busy people, and behaviour can be awkward, difficult, painful and even scary. Clients don’t listen to our recommendations. It takes all you have just to do keep your head above water. And even if you wanted to do a paid behaviour certification course; will your staff and colleagues also agree to come on board? It’s hards to change people's ways. And what if your not as comfortable in appointments in the first place?
Think about the things you do really well at work. Beyond the built in compassion you have for the animals you see. You can read bloodwork and Xrays within seconds to minutes. You can solve issues during anesthesia in the surgery room. We have go to disease algorithms like IRIS
- or this oldy but goody. We can do all these things without feeling that there is too much on our plate. We can do these things without feelings of negativity.
Instead of giving you just information that you have to figure out what to do with, we are going turn your current skills, into badass versions!
What do we mean? Well, you all walk into an appointment room right? What if your learned our 30 second behavioural audit that transformed your walk into an exam room into a time management tool for you and stress reducing event for the pet. That made the client feel great for coming to see you?
Your team is going to see:
First contact: (not it’s not the star trek movie or jody foster greeting her dad in space): The top strategies and phrases to say in the exam room with a fearful, stressed or confident cat with cattitudet, that preserves your exam time.
The 30 second behaviour audit : Make behaviour work for you instead of against you, by knowing what a cat is telling you in the exam room. This makes you that owners trusted advisor.
The two part cat : Preserve your exam room time, and keep on schedule by knowing the exact protocol to use for this type of cat.
The Gentle Approach Boot Camp - How you can quickly take blood, urine, Xrays and put in catheters, and give injections with less stress and burnout.
The holder audit . The exact scripts to say to your holder, to get things done faster, with less stress
The Safety Pin - how to keep the whole team on the same page, and help reduce negativity. [psychological safety]
The tech roadmap : How to get clients on your side when their cat rejects everything you reccomend. Now this is a really important point. Getting clients on your side is key to reducing burnout and compassion fatigue.
So while we have made videos for your team, we’ve also have videos that your clients can see. With our STS videos, your clients will relate to you in new ways, and have better appreciation for what you do, because they will see videos on:
● Why finding their cat’s Bermuda Triangle (the 3 mandatory components to successfully medicating any “difficult” cat) is the key to providing treatment to their cat.
● Teach your clients their cat’s 80% rule - the key success factor their cat needs them to perform before the pill, tablet or needle touches their body.
● Why the Towel Touch Technique tells your client how their cat wants to be handled during medicating. We all know that the towel techniques work in clinic, but did you know this fails often at home, and it’s not your client's fault!
● H ow the Olfactory Kick Start can increase y our clients chances of success when medicating their cat.
● Help teach your client curated techniques for handling cats to make them say "yes" to medication.
● The STS Roadmap which allows you to customize the approach for your cat so you can successfully give medications, step-by-step. STS was the first video course that taught clients how to make their cats say yes to medication. Now your clients will have a version for free. Dealing with bad cats the right way will boost productivity, and can bring your team together. It can get your home on time. It can make your clients thank you, instead of complain to you. We want you to have badass skills, that will show you how to get most of the way there, most of the time. Do you feel awkward in front of clients with these “bad cats”? This is for you. This first version is designed for cats. Lets face it, they are harder to deal with, and they are becoming more popular all the time. But everything here is equally applicable to our dogs. I know what your thinking. This is great and all. But will this work for my clinic? With the people that I work with? Well, you don’t need to be a behavioural expert, and this cost you nothing. If only 10% of this works for you, for some of you, this will 10X your productivity or reduce your burnout. Do I need special experience, equipment or skills to do this? No. Everything you have is what you need. It’s a step by step guide. Talent is simply the reduction of mistakes that are made over time. This video will make you more talented handling the cats and their owners.
I don’t have time to watch these videos.
Our 2 algorithms will make behaviour like driving a car or reading bloodwork automatic. The time you take upfront will save you hours of time later when you would have been struggling with your patients. We have made the course as streamlined as humanly possible, while keeping it entertaining, motivating and relevant to your success. We are not giving you an information dump. You are going to learn BADASS skills.